Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (usually shortened to CS:GO) is a multiplayer online first-person shooter video game and the hotly anticipated followup to the smash hit Counter-Strike: Source. In Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, you take on the role of either a counter-terrorist or a terrorist, and your goal is to beat the other team. Whether your opponents consist of actual players from around the world, or advanced AI bots is completely up to you.
With a number of features aimed at helping the game appeal to many different players, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive has become one of the most popular games currently available on Steam. Whether you enjoy the rewarding, objective-based gameplay, climbing the leaderboards to show off your skills, the bustling tournament scene, or just the feeling you get when you crush your opponents, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive has something great to offer you.
Game modes currently include:
- Classic Casual and Competitive, the standard Player vs. Player game modes.
- Bomb Scenario, where you must either plant or diffuse a bomb.
- Hostage Scenario, where you must either hold or rescue a group of hostages.
- Arms Race, a deathmatch-based game mode where you’re afforded weapon upgrades based on your success.
- Demolition, a round-based mode that removes weapon and equipment purchasing in favor of rewarding you for your skill.
- Deathmatch, a mode consististing of 10-minute matches where your goal is to earn the highest possible score.
Offline and practice modes are also available.